|Mauritius Announced Tax Measures for 2013|
Proposals were presented on 9 November 2012.
The Mauritius budget for 2013includes measures to foster the establishment of "regional treasury center’s" (regional headquarter structures).
Among the proposals in the 2013 budget:
• Tax deduction at source (i.e., withholding) on interest payable to non-residents to increase to 15% (up from 10%);
• Tax information exchange agreement to be signed with India;
• 5 additional Double Taxation Agreements (DTAs) with African countries will be signed next year;
• Global funds not requiring benefit of treaty network to be allowed to set up as a corporate body, with tax-free status;
• Tax Residency Certificate (TRC) will be issued only upon compliance with improved commercial substance requirements.
The opinions expressed do not constitute investment advice and specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.
Published on our website on December 21, 2012